Hope you are all having a great off-season!
Before I begin, I wanted to introduce myself – as your new District 2 President & for those of you who do not know me. My name is Megan Osysko, & I am heading into my fourth season as the Head Volleyball Coach at Independence High School. I am very excited for the opportunity to take on the role as District 2 President in the hopes of increasing attendance & membership in order to get as many of our athletes recognized not only at the District level, but All-State as well! I welcome any feedback you as coaches have & am hoping to learn just as much from you all as possible in order to make District 2 a driving force in the OHSVCA!
A couple of initial events & things to keep your eye out for as we move into the 2016 season:
- We will be creating a District 2 Facebook Page – this will be a close group for District 2 Coaches ONLY! – if the feedback is good, we can potentially open it up, or create one that we can share/highlight our athletes on
- Please follow our twitter account/share with family, friends & other coaches
- In order to raise money for Coaches for Coaches this year – we have decided to host a District 2 Team scrimmage on Friday, August 5 at Lutheran West & Independence High Schools (Varsity ONLY @ this time). Based on the amount of District 2 teams that would like to participate in this DONATION BASED scrimmage, we will divide the team accordingly based on competition/location. We would like to make this a yearly event rather than trying to get a tournament together for the summer – the first weekend of practices will be reserved for this.
- All-District Meeting will be held on Sunday, October 23rd at Independence High School – AM Time TBD
- In hopes of moving forward & making District 2 even stronger on the coach participation end, we are looking to organize a few committees for the upcoming year, please respond if you would like to be involved/head a committee – they are as follows:
- All-Star Game
- Coaches 4 Coaches
- Summer events
Thank you in advance for your help & I look forward to working with each of you as OHSVCA District 2 President!
- Next >>