All Forms must be submitted NO LATER THAN FEBRUARY 14
- The OHSVCA awards a $500.00 scholarship to someone planning on furthering her education after high school graduation. One scholarship will be awarded to a player in each division (I, II, III, IV) if there are an adequate number of qualified applicants to so warrant.
- In order to be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet all of the requirements listed below.
- Applicant must be a current high school candidate for graduation
- Applicant must have all basic credits for college or proper vocational or technical school entrance.
- Applicants for the scholarship must be submitted (typed) on the OHSVCA website by the February deadline posted on the website. Applications can be found under awards or forms on the OHSVCA website.
- To be eligible for the scholarship, the student must be a senior member of her high school volleyball team. The coach of the player must be an active member of the OHSVCA at an OHSAA member school of the OHSAA sanctioned sport of girls’ volleyball.
- An essay is to be included with the application. On a separate sheet of paper, describe the role that interscholastic volleyball has played in your life and how such participation will benefit you in the future. The response should be one typed page, double spaced using a 12 font.
- Each district will be eligible to submit one application in each division (I, II, III, and IV). Each district shall determine its own selection process. These applications will be reviewed by a scholarship committee made up of at least three district trustees. Each applicant will be judged on scholastic record, personal achievement, and school and community activities. Each scholarship committee will nominate the top three candidates at the Spring District Trustees Meeting. After reading each application, the president will ask for a vote on the nominees. Voting will be done by written ballot; all trustees will vote for each division. If there is a tie, the president will have the power to call for a second vote or break the time himself/herself.
- The OHSVCA Player Scholarship will be selected first followed by the OHSVCA Active Member’s Son/Daughter Scholarship. If eligible, a student-athlete may apply for both but may receive only one award.
- The recipients will be notified by the vice president. Once proof of college attendance is shown to the Chief Financial Officer, the award winner will receive his/her award in one payment.